Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it sounds funny. i was reading a post on the forum about fly fishing for carp. like the fly method, you wait to see them on the suface. it involves a reel on your bow and a heavy duty fiber glass arrow with a broad head that is like no other. i have not done it in a while we used to do it alot in utah.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I used to watch my dad do it in Texas when I was a kid. He gave me the reel and I still have it, but I haven't had the guts to go out on a lake with the bow, especially at the local ponds where I see carp swimming around. For some reason I think that might upset people.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

Did you have a question about bowfishing, or  ???     I used to bowfish for carp years ago in upstate NY.  It's not as easy as people might think, especially if the carp is a foot or two down.   

·
Registered
879 Posts
There are several great places around Colorado to bowfish for carp. Barr, Pruitt, Jackson and Boyd all hold "tons" of carp. The S. Plat in unincorporated Adams county is also good. Spring is the best time. The carp are in the shallows spawning. You can shoot until you can't pull your bow back. Doubles and triples are common.

Be careful at the small ponds in the Metro area, most cities don't allow the discharge of weapons within the city limits.

Catch and release can be a problem however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts