Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to bow fish carp and gar in Nebraska at night. We would use a spot lamp while doing this. Is this leagal in Colorado? I used to have a lot of fun doing this and was thinking about doing it again.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yes i do believe this is legal i dont have the link to the regs on this puter but will try to quote them later

but from memory bow fishing is legal for carp and suckers and i have seen no restrictions on time of day and it is legal to use light as an aid to fishing so even if you had a spot light you wouldnt be violating any regs that i can think of

check back tonight or in the morning and ill quote what i find

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Here's the quote roadkill is talking about
4. UNDERWATER SPEARFISHING, ARCHERY AND GIGS:
(a) Underwater spearfishing, archery and gigs are permitted for taking carp, gizzard shad and
white or longnose suckers unless otherwise stated in the ?Alphabetical List of Waters &
Properties?
of this brochure. Other game fish can be taken only when authorized in specific
waters listed in ?Alphabetical List of Waters & Properties? of this brochure. Lake trout cannot
be taken by underwater spearfishing.
So your answer is no there is no time limit but, there are many many many lakes and swa's that do not allow bows or archery so if you dont have a regulations guide pick one up or download it here http://wildlife.state.co.us/Brochures/pdf/fishing.pdf note:this will change jan 1 2006

1 - 4 of 4 Posts