Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from MO I'm going to college at UCCS, I was wondering if anyone knew any places to go bowfishing in the colorado springs or pueblo area? Thanks

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Go back to the MO with your bow. That's not fishing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Don't know anything about it and never done it but to each his own. If you're bowfishing carp or other species that aren't considered prime sport fish, I couldn't care less. Don't let negativity thwart your plans...especially from golden rod cuz that's all he has to offer . You involved in any regular archery at all? Getting my first bow tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Try Prospect lake at memorial park, rainbow lakes up near woodland park and the Broadmore. There are also some big carp and goldfish at Fox Run Park. You could also ask for advice on this at the Anglers Covey off hwy 24 on the west side of the springs.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
And if the heat gets to you I used to see huge pods of them in the 11 mile bays around the backcountry campground on the ne corner of the reservoir....

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
It is illegal in CO to shoot Pike with a bow. Carp you can kill as many as you like.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Please take your bow to Pueblo Reservoir and shoot as many carp as you can, everyday if you can. You have friends that like to shoot>? Bring them too...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Please take your bow to Pueblo Reservoir and shoot as many carp as you can, everyday if you can. You have friends that like to shoot>? Bring them too...
THIS... SO many beast carp in there, dying to be shot to death and boiled with rum.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
You'll find that people in this state (and this site in particular) have very strong opinions about bowfishing. After watching a local lake get absolutely destroyed by bowfishers over the last couple years, I do as well...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
If you're just shooting junk fish I'm OK with it. But how many bowhunters who see a big pike are gonna rationalize their way into taking that shot.

So if you're an ethical bowhunter that's great but not everyone will be. Course not everybody is ethical when it comes to limits or size restrictions or methods of catch, etc so I guess its really all the same. If you're doing it the right way then enjoy yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts