Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody on here is interested in bowfishing? Are there any good places around to shoot carp, etc. in the summer?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When the flows arent super muddy the Ark down by Lake Henry is great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I haven't bow fished in over 20 years, but I'd like to get back into it. It would be some great summertime practice. I know Barr Lake has thousands of Carp in it, and they used to have a tournament there every spring, don't know if they still do that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you are near Fort Collins head to the northwest pond to bow some carp. There are some nice ones in there. I caught a thrity something inch in there last year. What a fight!

Friends of mine used to bow carp and we have been talking about doing it. I just gotta look into the regs to learn more about it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Late last summer I saw tons of huge carp swimming in Chatfield near the surface by the inlet. I e-mailed the DOW and they said that it is legal to bow-fish chatfield. I will absolutely be hitting that this year. It's good for the lake too to clean some of them monsters out of there.

;D

M

·
0 Posts
Jackson Reservoir - I've seen folks there more than once and there are ton basking on the surface. Especially closer to the inlet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts