Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Boyd from 7:30 -12:00. Water level is down since the last time I was there, in fact, Horseshoe is extremely low. Caught 20 fish, jigs and half a crawler. A dozen white bass, couple of smallies, 5 pretty nice gills and a perch. Other than the smallies, all the fish were DEEP. 28-32 ft was the ticket. Had the best luck directly in front of the pumphouse. What a beautiful day on the water. I was alittle surprised at all the traffic out there today, I guess I hoped that they would of all had their boats winterized by now. Oh well, a man can dream!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Did you happen to measure the depth at the pump house inlet channel? Two weeks ago it was 35 ft. but the lake has been going down about a foot a day.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Johnny how is the boat ramp?

Still caught quite a few...but not as good as the summer for you...man you were rolling...I havent been back there since you gave me a few tips...I have Pueblo planned this weekend...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zman, the boat ramp is just fine, except for the knuckleheads using it. There was a guy waiting to back down, and this guy in a RV and pontoon boat just cuts right in front of him. It just amazes me what some people will do. Did you have any success when you went? Hope my info helped, let me know if you need anything else, or the next time your're fishing up north.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts