Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out about noon and fished till 5:00pm. Started off at Heron cove. Fished in 4-15ft of water. Not alot of action but alot of holes. We caught one healthy 15 inch rainbow on a orange trout magnet. I had a big one on for a minute but then it spit the jig. It was probably the biggest fish I've ever hooked. Oh well next time. One person out there told me he was using minnows and catching lots of perch and trout in the north end. Moved to inlet and saw alot of people fishing of the docks through the ice. I've never seen through the hole before. It was awseome. You could see the fish react to your jig. Didn't do much good though only caught one rainbow. Still it was neat seeing the fish. Ice was 5-6" in inlet and thicker in the cove. Alot of water on the ice but all in all a good day. My pass is good until noon tomorrow so I might go in the morning.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm too late to tell you this, probably, but if you go north along the west short from heron cove, and are willing to walk up toward the north end of the lake, there are definitely some more perch up that way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
after Christmas Boyd info needed .
may be wishfull thinking but has anyone heard of the lid condition at Boyd after these warmer days and this front range breeze ? i want get into some perch but cant venture to far today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tubby you can call the office over there I think the open from 9-5. There # is 970.669.1739. They usually have fairly accurate info on ice conditions. Hope this doesn't find you to late.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts