Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of a report but a cool story I think.

Fished boyd tuesday evening. It was cold and no one else was out. (I like that) Lots of stocker trout on power bait. What was neat was I lost some P.B. off my hooks and it was floating about 6 feet off shore (about 4 chunks) It sat there floating for a while and then "SLURP" a fish sucked one up. Then "SLURP" again. Well you know what got in my head. I tossed some out there with no wieght just little hook and P.B. so it would float. It was hard to set the hook but it was like dry fly fishing. I was just wondering if any of you have had this happen or if any one actually fishes this way. I almost went and got my fly rod. I was gonna try some green egg patterns. It was fun.

Also I hooked something big. I was hoping for a big trout but right before it threw the hook I got a glimpse and it was a light colored fish. I'm thinkig carp or catfish. Are those in Boyd?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: Boyd 3-28-06

Did you maybe mean 3-22-06?

There are both carp and catfish in Boyd, and some pretty big specimens of both kinds -- 20 pounds and up. Either one would give you a thrill on the end of your line. Keep trying and sooner or later you'll get a good look at one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts