Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a nice day to be on the water. Littlemac and I arrived at 5:45 am after a short sight seeing tour in the countryside, couldn't see much - it was still dark when we missed the turn.

We looked for walleye for a couple hours with not one hit so we decided to try for anything else that might bite. We started catching a few trout, white bass, and spotted bass. We ran over a spot that had a bunch of fish stacked on the screen so after several passes we stopped and fished it.

It turns out the fish were perch.

After a while the live well started to look pretty nice.

When we got back we found had some work to do.

Not a bad day,

The water was 54 degrees, we caught 15 or so rainbows, 35 or more perch, 3 blue gills, 10 or more spotted bass, and 3 white bass.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thats a nice mess of fish, hope you had a sharp knife

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
what a blast it was today, couldnt ask for a better day .great fishing good weather and fine company, thanks talo, forgot to tell who caught the first ,biggest, and most, probally can tell.he he

·
Registered
391 Posts
What were you guys using for the trout and white bass?Looks like a great day and a lot of work.Thanks for sharing.

lyn

M

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a kick! Never been to Boyd - was looking at the State Park web site. Would love to check it out some time - does it get as crowded as Cherry Creek and Chatfield?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jay it was a good day,,,

Mr. Ed,

I'm not sure what littlemac was using, he was on the other side of the boat ;D, and I think it was simply more fish were swiming on his side of the boat. We got pretty much everything we caught on crawler harnesses, minnows, and crawlers.

I will venture to say the lake doesn't get as much traffic as the south metro area reserviors, still it was pretty busy today.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Looks like you had a great day and that is a great bunch of fish!

btw, how did you take that first picture? Usually a bright background like that will confuse a camera and set an exposure that would make it too dark to read the sonar screen...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When you get into a mess of perch its fun for everyone... Great day. Happy eating.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Looks like you two used up your bad luck for the day when you missed the turn.
Was not aware that Boyd has spotted bass.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GMC045,

You are probably right, they might of been smallmouth. They were greener without the orangish eye of the smallmouth I'm used to catching. I should have took a picture of one of them...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They were reeaalllyyyy gooood....

We caught the perch in the area of the pump house. Actually all the fish came from along the southwestern portion of the lake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts