Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished the inlet at Boyd from 4-6:30 p.m. The trout were biting well. I caught 9 trout between 9-13 inches in about an hour and a half on a silver 1/12 once spoon with an orange stripe (the $1.50 brand from Wal-Mart). Then switched to bass and caught three largemouths -- two around 8 inches and one around 12-13 inches. The bigger one came on a chartruese curly tail jig tipped with half a crawler and the the smaller ones came on the same spoon I caught the trout on.

One observation: you can't fish the inlet at Boyd without having a gang of people crowd you as soon as you start catching fish. After the first few fish I caught, two teenagers and one slightly older guy set up right next to me and starting casting into the exact same spot I was catching the trout from. One of the guys even snagged me. Finally, I just moved down the shoreline a little and had just as good of luck and also starting finding the bass (when are people going to realize there are fish scattered all over the place, you just need to know how to catch them. There's no such thing as a "magic spot"). Then after those guys left, I finally had some breathing room until a fly fisherman came and starting casting right next to me. All in all, a pretty decent evening's worth of fishing though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thats when a good 100 foot cast just off the shore works, rip all their lines. I am always cool if they ask, but disrespect equals me being an a-hole.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Gotta love the mouth breathers.

Did they all have 5 gallon plastic buckets in tow? Those guys always have 5 gallon plastic buckets. I still haven't figured out what they're for but man, you gotta have a 5 gallon plastic bucket!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey a bucket will serve for more puposes than 1 would think.
Don't diss the bucket man!!! I cant stand the people who pull up in their cars and park and stare at me :eek: until I catch a fish- than they get out and set up near me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
yeager said:
Hey a bucket will serve for more puposes than 1 would think.
So what does it do? Really...let me know. I'm pretty sure i won't use one because I'm constantly on the move but I'd like to know what they're for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you answered your own question-   TO SIT ON
put fish in
Keep beer cold with ice
put your vexilar in
slow your boat while trolling  "always on the move"  Ha Ha :D
Anchor (fill with concrete)
Keep minnows alive
pack trash
pretty nifty...huh
"farmer" Ted... you know you have a bucket.  It does not make you any less of a fishermen though.. its Okay.. O0

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I'm James, ...and...I also sometimes use a bucket  :-[

Port-a-Potty - That's great! :D

Oh, MileHigh --- nice report! Hey, get yorself a bucket. The next time someone crowds you, use it as a port-a-potty. If they don't move then,...Well you better (move), cause you sure don't wanna fish next to them!

·
Registered
664 Posts
yeager said:
I think you answered your own question-   TO SIT ON
put fish in
Keep beer cold with ice
put your vexilar in
slow your boat while trolling  "always on the move"  Ha Ha :D
Anchor (fill with concrete)
Keep minnows alive
pack trash
                             pretty nifty...huh
"farmer" Ted... you know you have a bucket.  It does not make you any less of a fishermen though.. its Okay..        O0
LMAO...that is good entertainment.

hmmm...well I don't have a boat
                   I typically wade the shoreline, dont need to sit
                   If I keep fish they're in a creel
                   Don't really drink beer
                   No Sonar
                    Don't use live bait
                   I pack trash out but I really hope I don't have 5 gallons worth in a few hours fishing.

no, no I don't need a bucket, but thanks

I will admit I do have a bucket at home but I use it to store dog crap after I pick it up out of the yard. Once I empty it, any of you guys are welcome to it  :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
kastmisser said:
The bucket or the crap?
I was thinking the bucket, but now that you mention it I have no idea what to do with 5 gallons of dog crap.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
A bucket would be good to smugle thing in(Like live biat and salt)

"Welcome to Quicny res. No live bait or buckets allowed"

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts