Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to boyd yesterday and slayed the crappie. I have been doing really good with a 1/32 oz maribou jig, with about 1/8" of hair past the hook shank. I went with divemasterJSW and like i said before I was a good day. Early in the morining we were at the edge of a school of slabs, but couldnt get in the middle of them. I caught two good slabs at about 13". JSW got a big chanel cat, about 10lbs and brought it to the boat. I was looking for the net, but, someone forgot it and the fish popped the hook :mad:. at this point, we decided to troll and drift and had a few bows. we decided to anchor and got in to the crappie. most were fillet size, but also released and lost lots of smaller ones. in all, between the two of us we ended bringing back 5 bows and 27 slabs. ill tell you what, I now need a new fillet knife. Hope to head out fri. afternoon with my father, but im noot looking foward to being crowed out, which happened twice by shore fisherman. good fishing.
wragulsky

·
Registered
391 Posts
What did you guys get the cat on?Minnow under a bobber?Were you guys in the spillway or by the pumphouse?I went with some friends Monday evening and the fishing was good,caught Lm,Sm,crappie,perch,a few bows(one about20"that had to go over 3lb)and a mess of gills.Thanks for sharing.

lyn

·
Registered
391 Posts
I thought I saw that somebody got minnows at the marina at Boyd,any body know if this is true?Might have to hit it tommorow,white bass sound like a blast.How far under a slip float wrag?

lyn

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lynmack,
the cat was from a minnow about 1ft off bottom. It was in about 16ft of water in the marina. personally I think a minnow unser a slip bobber would be best due to all of the snags on the bottom. They also do sell minnows at the marina, I beleave the hours are 10a on weekdays, 9:30a on weekends. good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
wragulsky said:
...I went with divemasterJSW and like i said before I was a good day.  Early in the morining we were at the edge of a school of slabs, but couldnt get in the middle of them.  I caught two good slabs at about 13".  JSW got a big chanel cat, about 10lbs and brought it to the boat.  I was looking for the net, but, someone forgot it and the fish popped the hook :mad:.  ...
wragulsky
Hmmmm... "Someone for got the net". That aint gonna happen again. Well, this year anyway.

Yeah, that was us that got minnows at the marina. We fished until we ran out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts