Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm hitting the water with my Pops on his boat on Thursday and I'm hoping to get some input on a location. We're looking at these three lakes as options. He lives right near Union. We'll be looking for whatever species is fishing best, leaning towards walleyes if possible. Please hit me with your $.02. Thanks in advance!

Keith

·
Registered
840 Posts
Union has lots of walleyes, perch, bluegills but the cost for fishing with a boat is double the other places that you mentioned.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I figured I'd follow up. We ended up going to Boyd, where it was pretty slow until an hour before dusk. At that point the slimers starting rising and I did well casting to rise rings with a rainbow trout patterned Rapala ULM. I think it had enough white to be a loose shad imitation. No sign of any white bass or walleyes, unfortunately. It's funny; my Dad's an engineer, so you'd think he'd be super analytical about fishing, especially after buying a new Reata a couple of years ago. A guess hiring a guide would help dial in seasonal movements of different species and strategies and equipment.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I figured I'd follow up. We ended up going to Boyd, where it was pretty slow until an hour before dusk. At that point the slimers starting rising and I did well casting to rise rings with a rainbow trout patterned Rapala ULM. I think it had enough white to be a loose shad imitation. No sign of any white bass or walleyes, unfortunately. It's funny; my Dad's an engineer, so you'd think he'd be super analytical about fishing, especially after buying a new Reata a couple of years ago. A guess hiring a guide would help dial in seasonal movements of different species and strategies and equipment.
I would take anything you hear on here with a grain of salt. The best way to do it is go out on your own and find out. Don't let someone telling you that something sucks prevent you from going there. I can't tell you how many times I've been told not to go because of a bad report, conditions, etc etc and I went anyways and fishing was great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts