Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother decided to go to boyd to go after white bass, got to boyd around 4 and had no luck with the white bass, but then we walked to the inlet and nailed fish, we caught 20 crappie including two which were 13 inches and very fat, we also caught tons of perch, bluegill, smallmouth
largemouth, we caught all the fish on a red and white tube jig, we also used worms for the perch, i saw a guy in a boat nailing fish by us

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Thats a great looking crappie. Boy them panfish are fun when they are biting good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alright I was the guy in the Boat I caught about 45 bluegil and perch kept 20 big ones but no crappie I thought you guys were catching white, tahst awsome crappie taste better anybody with kids this would be a great time to go fishing but look out when the sun goes down it gets cold!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all i used was a little jig head with a red tube with a white skirt , we dident use any bait on our jigs, but i usually use minows under a slip bobber

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alrighty then two reports thursday night he neighbor and just pounded the the perch with only 5 bluegils, So I took my wife and daughter tonight and we only caught 16 fish ( perch and bluegil) they kept coming through in schools on the depth finder but they just weren't biting lke thursday and thursday night was white jig night and tonight was chartrause they will keep you thinking thats for sure. good luck to all> Has any body heard of anyone getting any walleye at boyd??????????????

·
Registered
935 Posts
Where was your picture taken, Kokaneeking?  The concrete doesn't look like the Boyd inlet.

Just fished the Boyd inlet yesterday around 4-5pm. Lots of fish - small bass (largemouth and smallmouth 6-10"), some crappie (6-10"), and as many stocker trout being taken on spinners by a couple of other fishermen.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes it is a good spot, ive have never seen so many warmwater fish in one area, i could see bass and bluegill everywhere, plus the crappie made my day

1 - 20 of 23 Posts