Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends and I tried our luck at Boyd lake on wednesday and today to see how we could do since most of the ponds we've been fishing seem to be getting too cold for any action. Tried at both the marina inlet and near the pumphouse. Overall I caught about 10 to 15 Largemouth ranging in size from about 6" to 14", and two trout, only landed one which was only 10" and the other got off at the shore was around 13 to 14." Friends also got largemouth ranging in the same sizes and two trout, one being 16" the other 14." Caught the fish on the following lures: super dupers, kastmasters, tubes, senkos, jigs, and minnow like soft baits. We only fished from about 4 to around 6 on Wed, and from 12 to 5:30 today. Fish on Wed were caught up until the sun was covered by the mountains and today they were biting as soon as we got there and up until the sun was behind the mountains. The water does seem to be getting pretty cold so I dunno how much longer the bass will be active but I seem to be nailing them still on senkos and tubes. Would have been nice to get some more trout since I haven't had much luck on the poudre at all this season and since everyone was saying the trout were hitting pretty well I was suprised we didn't get more then what we did. There was a family near us at the marnia inlet using live minnows and for the first hour they were there they were just nailing them. As the water gets colder I can see them becoming more active and hopefully another trip down there will result in some more trout. Hope this helps anyone and if you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats on the successful fishing!!  I might have to try hitting Boyd this weekend.  Havnt fished for bass in a month or so...If you dont mind me askin....did the bass bite near the pumphouse or the marina inlet? I have fished Boyd only a handful of times and always caught the skunk....

Pondfisher

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
was the water still running in both inlets into boyd did u get into any white bass perch or crappie i was there a couple weeks ago and nailed them i;m kinda worried about that horseshoe lake its getting really low

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Pondfisher said:
Congrats on the successful fishing!! I might have to try hitting Boyd this weekend. Havnt fished for bass in a month or so...If you dont mind me askin....did the bass bite near the pumphouse or the marina inlet? I have fished Boyd only a handful of times and always caught the skunk....
Pondfisher, you better get out there while you can, the skunk has been following me around for the last couple of days, I will try to keep his attention while you hurry out there....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the park ranger that came by while we were there to check us for permits said that the white bass in the marina inlet were biting on spinners but I tried and couldn't get anything but largemouth and two trout. There didn't seem to be water flowing in at the inlet since I was standing on the pipe and nothing seemed to be coming out. Same with the pump house and the inlet from the pond was just barely trickling. It was also very windy when we got there and died down towards sunset then started blowing again about a half hour before we left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts