Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother fished boyd today, we were by the inlet pipe, caught lots of big bluegills, lost count of how many , i also caught three crappie , two bass , we were using little ice jigs with wax worms , the bluegill were hitting anything, decided to go to the marina for a change and lost two rainbows at the hole, and caught some more bluegill, i was trying to get some perch, but i couldent get anything on my minows , the ice is anywhere from 8 to 12 inches and very safe

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Nic job, we fished the same spot last Sunday with about the same results. Although the ice was not as thick only about 3 in.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nice gill what is that 8"+? Should be a good meal at the kokanee king's house tonight or tomorrow. Yum! good report, boyd sounds like a fun place.

·
Registered
988 Posts
All of us that know about Boyd Gills are going to have to sew your lips together now! Just kidding, I'm all about sharing also. Nice work/fish.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, yeah, there is lots of gills in that lake and they are huge, i released all of the fish i caught at boyd, the bluegill were decent id say the biggest was almost 10 inches, the smallest maybe 6 , i could look down the hole and see the gills in a school , there was crappie and bass crusing in and out also

C

·
0 Posts
Beautiful Bluegills! Gills that size are hard to come by in Colorado. If you don't mind me asking were those gills caught on the minnows as well?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i caught all the bluegill on a teardrop jig and waxworm , they were also hitting mealworms, we caught um on tubes , they were pretty active for this time of year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts