Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to go to boyd, we were going to launch the boat until these people were taking forever , so i decided to fish from shore , what a great day , overall caught over 20 bluegill, 20 huge crappies, two largemouth , one smallmouth , there 16 to 18 inch bows and a 26 and 1/4 inch catfish , i caught most of my fish with a minow under a slip bobber , also caught the cat on minow under my bobber , i set the hook and knew it was no little fish !!, i caught all my fish in the marina cove, my brother and freind hammered perch and crappie and bluegill on the other side of the lake, the only downside was a group of people werent catching much then as soon as i caught a fish there was three bobbers by me , i wes geting pissed but the fishing was to good to leave, then this lady showed up and crossed my line i looked over and told her she crossed my line and her daughter called me a rascis , good day of catching besides some people, i also have pics ill post soon

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
next time just remember to have a nice plate of beans the night before. trust me just let a few rip and maybe pick your nose and flick it their way and they will generally give ya a little more room

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
nice report...sounds like you absolutely hammered em today!!! A catfish under a bobber... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea i know what you mean about pepole crowding you that really SUCKS!!! :mad:, back home i used to take my dog (malamute) and let him run all over the bank any time some one got too close he would let them knew about it, if the yever asked who's dog it was i would jsut play dumb and say that i didnt know, but he always gave me away, :mad:

Good job on the fish man i wish i had half the skill you did seems like you are alaways killing em,good job

James

·
Registered
832 Posts
We fished at Boyd yesterday too from 3- 6:30pm. Before that we tried for crappie at St. Vrain State Park; caught 3 nice crappies and a limit of stockers. the stockers kept attacking the minnow meant for the crappie. Anyway we came and bought a couple dozens of minnows at the marina for $5.60. We went to the inlet and saw there were bunch of people fished next to the inlet and on the inlet. We decided to fish on the rock about 250 ft from the inlet pipe and did pretty good with the blue gills with jig tip with worm. We also caught 4 crappie. Did not see KK's crappies or recognize what he looks like, but our crappies were much smaller than huge. We released about 5 small bass that were from 5 to 12". I also caught a fat cat fish that was 25" long; (maybe 10lbs or more?) on a big minnow under the bobber. Lots of people fished there when we left. My buddy fished next to a pretty nice guy that was fishing on the inlet and the guy said he caught 20 crappies and bunch of blue gills but only kept 4 big ones. We did not catch any white bass or perch but still have a good time fishing. It was a beautiful day at the lake.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that guy was me i was fishing right on the inlet pipe , thanks for the compliements , i had another great day at boyd today , i fished the marina cove and the pump house , caught two perch , 6 bass , three trout , and three crappie , all fish were released except one perch

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was out fishing in my little blue boat today down near the pump house mostly caught 4 bluegill 3 trout 2 perch 2 LMB 1 Crappie and 1 White Bass kept a good number of fish for dinner this week yumm.

·
Registered
832 Posts
You can buy minnows at the marina; it cost $2.60 for a dozen. I think they close at 6:00pm. I wouldn't say Boyd is a hot spot now, came back there yesterday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm and caught only 4 small blue gills and un undersized large mouth. Condition seems to change everyday, Saturday fishing was good but yesterday....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts