Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, howdy! Some great fishing today at Boyd. I went to the point just off the swimming beach and set up for big carp. I used boilies (strawberry) and my special corn bait recipe as well as a new corn meal based dough bait. I set up my bank sticks and gotmy two cat poles that I use for carp set up with an egg slip sinker and two #4 hooks on a 24" leader. It was a nice day today, in the 60's. The water temp is unknown as my gauge is reading wrong (it told me that it was 78 today hehe). I had several GOOD hit during the first hour but none would commit. Then at around 9:15 am my clicker took off on my reel. I grab my pole and laid into it hard. I fought it for 20 minutes with the reel getting its workout. When I got it in it weighed 17 lbs. I let it go and went back to it. After another half dozen hits another took my bait. I fought it for 15 minutes and after I got it in it weighed 14 and a half pounds. All in all for the day I caught one-17lber, one-14 1/2 lber, two- 12lber, and one 8-lber. Great day for fall carp!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow!!! Congrats......Those carp really fight...Awsome sport fish!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but they're hell on reels! Equipment doesn't last long when you are fishing for carp. At least the cheaper stuff like what I use!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried it there before. For my money the biggest ones come from where the swim beach is because food is always getting in the water from people. The same reason cats are heavy in there. Even though food slowly dissapates as the end of the year comes around the fish remember the area for food and return sporatically.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Catsfishing from there is good! Try it out! It should still be good until the second or third week of November.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts