Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to boyd lake today and I have a state park pass, but since I laminated it they wouldn't honor the pass, so I had to hump my gear in from the road. I fished the pump house and the area was teaming with crappies, but the bastards would not bite or they'd just nibble your minnow right off the hook. The water was clear and there was a ton of snake about. I manage to catch some perch and small walleye, that it . I hope they draw the water down about three feet, then I can get to my crappie hole a little easier.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Couple of questions.

1. When I got a state park pass, it came in the form of a sticker that I stuck onto my windshield. What did they give you?

2. I have fished Boyd a bunch of times from shore, but I never saw anything that I would have called a pump house. What is that, and where is it?

Regards, W. E.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
ashanhia --- The trick is after you laminate it, to put velcro on the back. Velcro it to your window (outside). It works on rafts and tubes anyway.  ;)

T

·
0 Posts
What area is the best place to fish there? I have fished next to the outlet and the area by the sail boats. No luck- Fished for a couple of hours and had only one bite. I've used minnows, worms and jigs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
tbmanivong said:
What area is the best place to fish there?  I have fished next to the outlet and the area by the sail boats.  No luck-  Fished for a couple of hours and had only one bite.  I've used minnows, worms and jigs.
Both the inlets and the pumphouse are the best places to fish imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts