Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recent report on Boyd ?
looking for some early panfish action this weekend
after I trim the hedges, fix the gate, check for a water leak somewhere and  " uhh what hun ?"  "yep im cleaning out the shed today"   :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I just read a recent article on Boyd. It sais the rainbows and cuttbows have been hitting on dough baits with a piece of a nightcrawler. Rainbows and cuttbows 12-15 inches. Did not say anything about pan-fish though. Sorry I can't help you there.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Sounds like you have your priorities reversed!

Fishermen tell me that the trout are hitting bait at Boyd (PB, Salmon eggs, night crawlers) and a few artificials (spinners, small Rapalas, spoons) but less action on the hardware than with bait. No panfish of any good size that I have heard of, although the lake does contain nice perch and crappies, seems like nobody has found where they're hanging out.

Nobody that I have talked to has mentioned walleyes or catfish yet, but it should be about time for them.

I plan to give Boyd a shot on Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I just realized this is in the fishing reports section, wrong place. Fishing Reports is not where you ask for reports, it's where you give them after you've been fishing. :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooopps sorry about that , im in trouble now.
but thanks for the info guys, has to be some perch, crappie hitting somewhere on the northern front range.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you were right Eagle, caught a few stocker trout
one baby walleye is all .
heading back out today to search for the perch.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If you feel like fighting the crowds the inlet is great action on any kind of power bait. If the weather is a little bad you can have the place to yourself.

I talked to a fellow there who told me the good perch fishing is in the north west section of the lake. Don't know if that is true but it might be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts