Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at Boyd about a month and a half ago and it was really low, has it come up yet? Going out tomorrow so I hope it's full again.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
No, it is still low and they are not filling it. Last year at this time it was at its max water level. I don't know what the delay is, unless they are waiting for the mountain snow melt to fill it.

The boat ramps are still fine, no problem.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The first time I went to Boyd was about 4 years ago,now that was low!This year was the first time back and I didn't even reconize the lake.4 years ago it was two seprate lakes with a shallow chanel between them.

lyn

·
Registered
53 Posts
The water level at lake loveland is the lowest I have seen in the five years .
Come to find out they(city of loveland) sold some water downstream somewhere. Until they fill Loveland, Boyd will stay, however boyd is not to bad...the EYES dont mind!! ;D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ya? any thing you want to share steelfish?This is the first year I have targeted walleye and harvested some,now I must have some more.

lyn

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Been catching mine trolling around the south end of Boyd holding the boat over about the 12 ft. contour. Try a Reef Runner lure, the "Ripstick" model trolls to a max depth of 11 ft which is about right for this kind of fishing. Some really nice trout will hit that, too.

The same lure has been catching eyes off the north dam at horsetooth over at the east end of the dam, according to the fishing salespeople at JAX, take that for whatever it might be worth. ;)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If you don't have that particular Reef Runner, a Rapala Tail Dancer will do about the same.

·
Registered
53 Posts
LYN,
Its a classic warmwater walleye bite right now. 15-23 FOW with worm harnesses/bottom bouncers at .8 to 1.1 mph according to GPS. Early morning being the best time, however I have not fished late day at all. I have caught some keepers but alot of the fish average 14.75 inches!!! Good fishn

·
Registered
53 Posts
LYN,
To answer your question, yes...with a Motorguide Wireless bowmount. Its quiet, doesn't spook the fish. On a size 29-31, deep cycle battery, I can troll all day at low-med.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts