Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're not too proud to catch trout, fishing is good at Boyd right now. My wife and I caught 8 yesterday, all between 12 and 16 inches ( all pink and orange meat), in three hours of trolling. We were trolling small pop gear and mepps spinners and fishing about 15 feet deep. The bronze was better than the silver. May be a bit windy for trolling today but we did see a lot of people fishing from the shore. I don't know how they were doing.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sweet. Sounds like a good day out. Boyd is definately one of my favorite lakes in Colorado. Always do pretty well out there. I wonder how the white bass and perch are doing out there this year.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
me and my brother fished there a few hours , when did they stock muskie there , my brother had a muskie around 30 inches follow his lure several times but wouldnt commit

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That's cool. Never heard of muskie in there. Maybe that's the reason for what seemed like a decline in the small white bass out there last year. Walleye and perch seemed to be doing well and the crappies too last year, but never could get on the white bass. hmmm......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts