Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dunno when it usually opens up but it shouldn't be long until it does with the warm weather. Someone was saying that it was still iced over a day or two ago but it was getting slushy. I dunno when it will open up in a small time to come since we're supposed to get another cold snap for a day or two coming this weekend. BOO!! I was liking the warm weather and thinking the waters might warm up enough for some good action :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
It should be ice-free. From what I've seen, all the other lakes in the Loveland area are completely open. I don't see why Boyd would be any different.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Boyd is ice free, stopped out there this morning, caught a couple of nice fat rainbows 14-15", missed 3 more. The wind was really howling.

All the north front range lakes are open, I have personally checked Boyd, Horsetooth, Lon Hagler, Boedecker, Lonetree, L. Loveland. Haven't caught any bass yet this year, but the trout are definitely biting.

If anyone is picking up any walleyes at any of those places, I would definitely like to hear about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts