Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Boyd this afternoon...any advice. Pure shore fisherman...probably going to stick to the marina cove and possibly a trip to the pump house. Bringing loads of minnow, crawlers, and jigs...anything else?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I took the kids a couple of nights ago and fished on the rocks in the marina by the road. Caught some decent bluegill and bass. Kids had a good time. Saw some people who were catching a lot of small crappie (like 5-6") and KEEPING THEM! I thought that was a stretch. I have heard of some decent crappie being caught there recently.

I will say this--I stopped at the Boyd marina and bought minnows for the first time. Initially, I thought they were a rip off at $2.70/doz, but I needed minnows for the week, so I asked for a couple doz. She was extremely generous, probably gave me over 4 doz. for $5.40. I felt like I got a very good deal, and they are nice minnows for crappie and even walleye--not to big, not too small. I will go back. ;D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rabbit's foot? That bad up there? Don't scare me off now...everything is ready to go for tonight! I'll let you guys know how we do...fish is fish...no fish sucks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts