Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boys have been reminding me that I need to take them ice fishing for the last few weeks. I received some intel back from some of the guys on here via PM's to help narrow down the spot - thanks for the informaion! Ended up going to Dillon after some info from Fordo.

Driving up sucked, took about 2.5hrs to get to Dillon from Denver in the ski traffic.

Loaded up the Otter and dragged it out to around 70 FOW. Drilled my holes and go the boys and lines set up. Fordo stopped by and we BS'd for a while talking fishing. Good meeting you man, and thanks for the info.

The boys each landed a small kokanee, and they were stoked. Had a few other hits, but no hookups. We were planning on staying longer, but my youngest comes into the hut telling me his foot was cold. I told him I will rub it and get it warmed up. I took off his boot and it was completely soaked! He just can't help himself I guess, as last time he did the same thing - sticking his foot into the ice holes. So, we finished lunch, packed up and headed home.

The kokes came in about 30-40 FOW on small spoons - orange kasty and a pink flutter spoon. Was a great day, minimal wind and bright sun. The boys enjoyed using the big dippers flinging snow and ice most of the day.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Always good to fish with the kiddos! Even better when they catch some fish too.

Hope you've been well, homie! It's almost time to chase eyes...get at me!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Way to go Dad, love the smiling faces, those are some cool looking kids there. Looks like lot's of good times to come.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Looks like you found some ice and had fun, nothin but smiles!
This winter sure sucked for local ice.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
We were planning on staying longer, but my youngest comes into the hut telling me his foot was cold. I told him I will rub it and get it warmed up. I took off his boot and it was completely soaked! He just can't help himself I guess, as last time he did the same thing - sticking his foot into the ice holes. So, we finished lunch, packed up and headed home.
You are such a good father! I would have made my son stay longer. Prolly why he hasn't gone fishing with me for a while now... Nah, he just don't like fishing. :biggrin1:

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Great job Roman, the next generation!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts