Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good of deals can be found at the spring fishing classic at BPS?

I'm in need of a new AGM battery and various other boat gear. Could use another reel or ten, flicker shad, tackle organizer, bottom bouncers, etc...

The battery and boat gear are most important so my boat is ready by open water time. Are the deals worth waiting for?

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
BPS does a rod trade in and a reel trade in at specific times during the classic. That's worth it if you're buying a nicer rod/reel and have an old working one that you don't plan on using. All the old gear you "donate" will go to kid's clubs or kids who need them so avoid the trashed gear. Various other daily deals that on a yearly basis generally include something like a specific lure, or reel, or fish finder. I can't give out specifics as I work there, but it is a good sized ad (biggest fishing one of the year). There are almost always tackle boxes/bags on sale, bunches of lures, reels, boat gear, etc. on sale. Many other deals including rebate type coupons from the manufacturer combo'd with a sale price, or bonus points/bucks when you spend "x" amount on your BPS credit card.
look up www.basspro.com/classic
Nothing is on there right now, but all the sale stuff will be up there when it is ready to go. classic starts feb 28 and runs thru march 16.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

I don't expect you to bad mouth your products but how are your agm batteries holding up? Do they compare to the optima's?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I honestly have no idea. I don't own a boat and I only work in the fishing section. The marine section handles all of that. If you call, ask for Mike or Rob. Two of the guys that know their stuff. I'm sure there are others over there too, but I happen to know those two better.
(720) 385-3600

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look at Trojan batteries, there cheaper then the optima and last longer as most of them aren't "maintenance free" or sealed batteries. There's a lot of other companies with equal or better batteries out there for the same price if not cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts