Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of strange but BPS will open on the 9th. Thought It was strange it is opening on a weekday. Anyways, Ill be there the 1st Saturday to pick up a few(Few to many) Things.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

D

·
0 Posts
That's listed as the "Grand Opening".  I wonder if the store will actually open for business a few days earlier.  That's what happened a couple of months ago when Cabela's opened a new store in Utah - the doors actually opened for business a week or so before the publicized "Grand Opening".  I figure it's worth a drive out there this weekend to see.  ;)

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Man ! I thought it was opening the 10th (Thursday). I actually took the day off work. :( Does anyone know if Barr Lake is by there ? My buddies uncle told me there was a place near there (not RMA), that had Pike in it. He said Barr Resevoir, but I didn't think there were Pike in there ?
Anyway, back to the subject. If Thursday isn't the Grand opening, mabe I'll just fish Thursday and head up (to BPS) on the weekend.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
james said:
If Thursday isn't the Grand opening, mabe I'll just fish Thursday and head up (to BPS) on the weekend.
Took you long enough to figure that out. ;D ;D ;D

Of course it wouldn't hurt to visit one day after the grand opening, but if you already took the day off --- hell yes!! Go fishing!!! Life is short, go for it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a little F.Y.I. on who will be at BPS for the Grand Opening--

Nov 9th--Wally Dallenbach,Lefty Kreh, Rick Clunn, Kevin VanDam, Jerry Martin, Wayne Carlton & Jed Lowe.

Nov 10th--Rick Clunn, Mark Wilford.

Nov 11th--Keith Kavajecz, Jimmy Houston, Hayden Lambson.

Nov 12th--Keith Kavajecz, Hayden Lambson.

Also on Nov. 9th---Hootie & The Blowfish, Ed McCaffrey, Karl Mecklenburg, John Elway and the Bronco cheerleaders as well as the "King of Bucks" record class whitetail deer semi trailer full of trophy deer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
By the way,

When I posted a bit ago about the schedule of the BPS grand opening, I forget to mention that the festivities start at 6pm on Nov 9th. I talked with Candy from BPS this morning and she said that 6pm will be the first time the store will unlock the doors to the public. They are calling it "Conservation Night", but it is open to the public and you are welcome to shop to your hearts content. I wanted to clarify this as many out-of-towners will be coming in for this event and I did not want anyone showing up at 9am on the 9th.---Thanks!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
left_turn56 said:
Thanks for th heads up Wayne...I imagine it will be a total zoo that first night!!
I bet it will be SLAMMED!!!---Keep in mind if you want to see VanDam, Jed Lowe, Wayne Carlton, Lefty Kreh & Wally Dallenbach, they will only be there for that night only! This Jed Lowe guy is the "Potential World Record Mule Deer" holder. I think he would be interesting to hear..

·
Registered
131 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Will they have free food? Whats a grand opening without free food!
I Agree!!! With as much money as this board will be spending, it's the least they could do! They will have a Starbucks there as well as Coca Cola will be present, don't know about food though????

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Who cares about food they are giving away prizes!!! The information I found when I was doing the November Events post showed this:
Prize Drawings opening through end of sale Nov.23
#8 Race Car Go Cart
BPS Exclusive Charles Daly 20 Guage Shotgun. Retail Value $200. Must be 21 to enter
Rich 'N Tone Commemorative Call. Retail Value $150
1:6 scale Dale Earnhardt, Jr. #8 Remote Control race car Approx. Retail Value $155

1st 200 or 500 Customer Giveaways
Thurs, 11/10 BPS Logo Lure qty. 500
Fri, 11/11 BPS Duck Call qty. 500
Sat, 11/12 BPS Cap qty. 500
Sun, 11/13 #8 Mini-racer qty. 200

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks Walking Eagle, at least say Hi to the cheerleaders for me.  :(
I have a hockey game Wed. night, so couldn't have made it then anyway. If I go Thur., I'll have a BPS lure to go w/ my CF.com spoon.  ;D
Can anyone recomend a place to fish near there ?

F

·
0 Posts
hmmm...james thats a tough one. Aurora, cherry creek and quincy aren't to far, but aren't really that close either. I have a number of smaller lakes and ponds that I fish but all are around 20mins away. So I guess my question is what is close?

M

·
0 Posts
pretty sure quincy is closed up isnt it, i thought the 31st was the last day...or maybe its the end of november....

i think aurora would be worth it, but i dunno, sucks the arsenal is closed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts