Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to get the patagonia but they're nowhere near a good deal. sierra had them for $159ish last year

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
If you're looking for waders and are patient check out Discount Fishing Tackle. They send emails out once a month or so and usually have a few (literally only a few) pairs of waders for really good prices. I imagine they do inventory and find a few scragglers that have been in the shop too long and just get rid of them.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I was going to get the patagonia but they're nowhere near a good deal. sierra had them for $159ish last year
You won't regret the extra spent on Patagonias. I got mine there and they are outstanding. I'm pretty hard on waders, too. The Paddys are tough. Haven't leaked yet.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have had horrible luck with waders. I have owned Orv*s and have had to return them every year for 7 yrs(leaking on a seam) One year had to return them twice. They have sent me a new pair each time but what an inconvenience. The first pair I bought from them in the late 1990's were great. Still own that pair and can wear them to this day but I think the water shrunk them some as they no longer fit like they did when I bought them. ??? ;D

A friend just bought S*mms G3 and have had to return them 3 x's!! (all in less than 7 months)
Each time he had them on the water less than 6 days.

I own a pair of Aquaz entry level or close to it. (bought them cuz I was needing to fish and my other waders were at the Orv*s house not mine)
These seem to be good so far. I have probably 20-30 days(maybe more)in them since I bought them almost a year ago. (would have more days in them but I use the Orv*s pair as well). They come with a three year warranty and if I am not mistaken they make or are being made by Patagonia( it could be Redington). ??? One of the two...

Something to look into.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
You won't regret the extra spent on Patagonias. I got mine there and they are outstanding. I'm pretty hard on waders, too. The Paddys are tough. Haven't leaked yet.
I was just getting ready to comment.

I've had 4 sets of waders, all leaked. Spend the extra money, and get good ones that won't leak for at least 3 season.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
This is my 3rd season with the Pattys... I got 6 seasons out of my Simms, but they are 3x the pattys... I had minor leaks in the simms after 5 years. That's pretty awesome, but man, Simms has gotten out of control expensive. I've kinda gone to boycotting these companies that are 10-15% better but charge 30-80% more.

In another thread about coolers, the same thing... Yeti makes unreal stuff, but am I getting THAT much more quality for 300% more price?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
What life expectancy do any of you think you should get outta waders?

Money vs time?? (like spending $120 to get 20-30 days)? or ($500 to get 200ish days)?

I fish a ton outta of my waders. I am in them at least 60+ days a year. I am as careful as you can be but i am not crazy sliding down scree fields or bush whacking in them... intentionally. But i do use them in all different types of weather(like Taylor in Jan/Feb) and not afraid to use them as needed for fishing.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'll answer first.

I think if I spend $120, I should get 90ish days or so.

If i spend $500, I should get 350ish days.

Unrealistic??

I don't abuse mine and do my best to take of them.

I get pin holes from hooks or Russian Olive trees will happen but seams coming apart or leaking at a seam should not happen til they are about worn out.

IMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts