Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the pond in front of the brighton Rec. Center big enough to put a float-tube on it. Any other "float-tube ponds" in the North Metro / Brighton area? I've watched the water level in Barr Lake flucuate so much, but I have fished it a couple of times. Fairly new to Brighton but like stillwater fishing. Both with fly or spinning gear. Thanks for any direction you may have.

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Fishdawg...I fished Adams county fairgrounds a couple of times...I thought I saw people on there in a rubber raft...so maybe you can put tubes on there...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Public works pond (20 surface acres) is listed as "no boats". The larger pond Mann-Nyholt (55 surface acres) is listed as "belly boats only".

This information pulled from "Fishing Close to Home" 2003 edition. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info. I didn't know there were two ponds there. It's been a while but I remember the one in front near the playground. Where is the larger one? Are both ponds stocked?

·
Registered
472 Posts
The larger lake is north of 126th ave. The smaller pond is further north of the bigger lake. Both are listed as warm water species with a 15" size limit on the bass. Mann-Nyholt is listed as "muskie" water but haven't heard any placed in there for a while.

Neither lakes are listed on the trout stocking report so we'll have to assume any trout stocking would have to come from a kids fishing derby or special exception.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts