Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for our snow day, wife decides she wants to go shopping because it won't be crowded :rolleyes: Drop her off @ Target and go to Cabelas. After reading about them for a couple of years now, finally picked up one of these:

We'll see, maybe Friday.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I am going to attempt to make one for the kids. My two four year olds reaction time is a little too slow for the light bite from stocker bobos.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
They work. Great for that second rod on a slow(er) day.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Got myself 2. Stupid fun to hear that thing slam bobos, yell "JawJacker", and watch the kids fall all over the place trying to get to it. It will take some getting used to however. It's a bit frustrating at first getting it dialed into your own specs. My hit to miss ratio on the first couple of outing was something like 10 : 7. Now it's more like 10 : 3.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
OMG- smh!
With a jaw jackoffer you wouldnt have to run and miss so many fish...course we'd all hear the rusty casket hinge noise at a 120 decibels from you opening your wallet to buy one...lol...the noise might spook all the front range fish for the rest of this years ice season!

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
It is my humble opinion that JJ's are stupid.

A fishing aid suitable for old women and children!

As a member of the ice fishing community I feel besmirched by these mechanical jackos'!

People snicker and guffaw when espying these contraptions upon Gods' ice!

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
So are rod savers stupid?...only the slow and elderly would need such a crutch to be able to get to their rod in time!...certainly not someone who is rugged and beautiful...Tom Brady wouldnt need one much less 5!...<snicker>

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Rod savers are eminently practical. Still hafta set the hook yourself. JJ is like having someone hook the fish and then handing you the rod and saying:" Reel it in, Bigfella"!

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
I think he got you there Mikey. For what's it worth, I do agree with you that JJ is for woman and little kid:). You need to set the hook yourself and if you missed it, let out some F bombs. It's ok.
Apples and Oranges.

Jugs vs. JJs no similarities.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm on the fence about the JJ's. Seems a little over the top to me for bobos and smaller fish. I enjoy the setting the hook myself part and from what I've read they have issues with parts breaking at times. From the videos they seem to work quite well though.

I just don't think I want to spend $40 to have something catch a fish for me.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love my JJ and my Automatic fisherman, I keep losing the little loops for the rod. At Antero I set the JJ 2-3' deep while I'm jigging with the other rod have caught a ton of Kokes with it and a few large trout.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts