Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that my most favorite rod and reel combos has been broken! This rod has been "nicknamed" the trophy rod. It has produced quite a few giant fish and held its ground against some monster fish over the last few years. The sad part about it is that I don't know how this happened. Will St Croix uphold their warranty and just take of me on this Legend tournament walleye series jig n rig 6'6" ML ? Anybody have one of these they are willing to sell?

Btw, I am not of unlimited wealth and prosperity. I can't just purchase a new one outright.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I recently sent in a broken st. croix (friend slammed tailgate on it) a check for like$50 plus shipping, 2 weeks later a new one was on the porch.

·
Registered
731 Posts
St. Croix stands behind their products. They will take care of it. If they determine it was a manufacturer flaw it will be cheap. If not it will be the exchange fee.

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Anything that old will be exchanged for a new one. It will cost you $50 or $60. I just did that with one of my 5 year old Premiers.

Hit the website, pay the money, download a pre-printed shipping label and take it and the rod to FED-EX, AND IN 10 DAYS THEY SEND U A BRAND NEW'EN!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sent in a legend tourney I'd had for 2-3 years, along with the $50 due for rods that break for other than manufacturing defects (another tailgate story :p) and got a new one back in a couple weeks. Definitely send it in - check their website for instructions if you need more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts