Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit a couple of small beaver ponds on my way to town yesterday manged 1 nice 9" brookie on a panther martin. kinda funny fishing a panther in a pools the size of a bathtub the water was up and clear the fish were quite spooky had to stand back a good 15' from the water and cast from behind a bush cause as soon as they saw you they split and were gone. might have to go back later with some garden hackle and thin out the little ones

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh man, I lOOOOVE them brookies! Catch and release them right into a pan of hot butter!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fishhunter said:
Oh man, I lOOOOVE them brookies! Catch and release them right into a pan of hot butter!
unfortunatly i was on my way too town and didnt have an easy way of keeping them till i got home

fishbum said:
where did you find a beaver bond that wasn't frozen?
on this little and i do mean little crick about half the ponds were clear and most of the pools below the beaver dams were clear also. might have to go back after work tomarrow with a baggie of ice and some dredge up dinner

M

·
0 Posts
Hey RK - was wondering if I could intrude and ask (you don't have to answer) where those ponds are. My dad is coming out in May and it would put a big smile on his face if I took him someplace where he could use a 2 or 3 weight fly rod and play with brookies. I have a backup place near Buena Vista but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Have any of you guys ever fished the ponds on top of Westin Pass? I imagine they're frozen solid right now, but I've often wondered how they'd fish in the summer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts