Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a buddy fished the swan river here in breckenridge last night man it was off the hook biggest one landed last night was 12 inches i am looking for a 16+incher i have seen them in there they are just tough little buggers to get on the line smart skiddish fish as they get bigger any way the way i was catchin them was throwing a tiny black rooster tail but the weird thing was that i was jigging for them like fishing for small mouth it was great well thats it have a great day i am getting ready to hit another part of the river to see what i can see
rip sum lip
eric

·
Registered
804 Posts
IMO the State record Brookie (or close to it) roams the Grand Mesa. Some football size hogs taken off it almost every year! I Would tell you the honey holes but would then have to kill you per TFB.  ;D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Hey ouray I feel the need to disagree-I truly believe the Flattops hold the state record brooky!Ive caught a 5 lber there and have seen bigger. Although I heard a guy caught one below ruedi a couple years ago that would have broken the record if he had kept it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i have a couple of those holes.  well a few i kinda think the new state record is still here in summit county not in the lake that the old record was caught and i dont doubt that there is a state record in both those areas

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we went back last night and i tried a gold cast master and it was on again jigging its just crazy nothing big though but just great fish oh yea i also caught a 6 in cut throat last night while i was jigging for brookies

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
bitafurnfeather said:
Rottal,

For what it's worth, I didn't think you were being punctilious (word choice intended to fan flames).

And you're right, it was a good report.
no no, i wasnt intending to fan any flames---i was just being a smarta$$, something that i try to keep at a minimum here on the board. but, however, due to a flaw in my personality it leaks out sometimes....no harm intended bigbrown46, it was a good report.

·
Registered
110 Posts
South and west of sheriffs res. there are some sweet spots. You can't drive to any of them, have'nt been there for about 10 years. running kids wrestling. Oh and getting fat!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fished a spot here in summit county last night yeeeehaaaaaa landed 4 brookies that were 15 inches each 2 of them were almst 3 lbs the other 2 were right at 2 i lost one that went an easy 19-20 in 5 lb easy i will see if i can get the pictures to post i am no techi as you can read
laters
eric

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
bigbrown46 said:
fished a spot here in summit county last night yeeeehaaaaaa landed 4 brookies that were 15 inches each 2 of them were almst 3 lbs the other 2 were right at 2 i lost one that went an easy 19-20 in 5 lb easy i will see if i can get the pictures to post i am no techi as you can read
laters
eric
POST EM!! POST EM! POST EM!!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
bigbrown46 said:
laters
eric
NIIIIICE! I can't wait until I can start brookie fishin' this year. I agree w/ 1eyered, post em :eek: :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts