Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brown & Rainbow Trout, White Bass, Crappie, Mule Deer, Bighorn Sheep, & Marmot

I always try to include pictures in my reports. Pictures that give away the location to anyone who has fished there, so they'll recognize it. If you do know the spot, please don't name it in your reply. Thank you
James

I"ve been fishing my home lake

whenever I get a chance. Mostly catch smaller Browns & Rainbows. Did catch a decent Brown on a tube jig. He jumped four times on the way in (rare for the Browns here)

Headed back out to one of my favorite lakes for more ice off action

First cast hooked a monster (almost 24 inches)

Somehow tore my thumb up (some deep cuts) grabbing net off of rocks. Glass maybe? Anyway, didn't get good pictures of my fish :( This shows his length, but I don't like the pic..

Caught that one on a Rapala, and 2 more stocker size (plus had 2 get off) on a HD Trout. Tried the long rod, but too windy (for me)

My thumb kept bleeding. I'd stick it in the water, then hold it to my net. That would stop it for awhile, but fishing kept it opening up..

Love this lake, but unless I can talk Jevan or Jim into going back w/ float tubes, I probably won't go back for awhile..

At least I caught a nice one

Some Deer in the backyard

Brian and Anthony let me know the White Bass were biting, so I headed out ;D (weekend before last)

Sheep on the way down

First fish of the day (on a white Northland Slurpy Swimming Grub)

Shad, but cool that it bit..

Then got into a few Whites (only small) Caught on the Slurpy, and on Gulp minnows

Then found some Crappie (Slurpy)

Caught a lot of dink Bass throught the day, going for Crappie (Gulp minnow & small crankbait)

Finally some bigger Whites swam through (Slurpy & BPS Tripple Ripple grubs) I've gone back since and caught some a little bigger

When they left the Crappie bite was picking up, and I found some really nice ones (Gulp minnows & BPS Tripple Ripples)

Thanks again Catfishking an Kokaneeking for the heads up!

Sheep on the way back up

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Re: Brown & Rainbow Trout, White Bass, Crappie, Mule Deer, Bighorn Sheep, & Marmot

Nice, James. Glad you are getting out. I might have to try some open water fishing now,.since icing is getting sketchy. :mad:

But one must abide.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Re: Brown & Rainbow Trout, White Bass, Crappie, Mule Deer, Bighorn Sheep, & Marmot

James, it is always a pleasure to read your posts. Thanks for sharing. Watch out for that white guy with the big ears; people have written stories about him.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

that last pic of the crappie is sick! killer stuff as usual bro'.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Very cool James!!

D.J.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

Great pics as always. Good looking fish. Everytime I see the deer and elk pics in your report it gets me excited for hunting season. ;D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

Nice pictures James. I like the way you started your post. Lake Z?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Nice report and pictures James. I always enjoy seeing your wildlife shots.
The fish and family photos aren't bad either!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

Nice report. Good fishin' with you the other day even if you out fished me badly..... :-\. Nice post and that bow's real nice!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Yet another good one James.......as usual your camera work is stellar!!!! Gorgeous fish!

BTW.....still need to connect with you so I can get rid of this 'wing jersey! :D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts

Great report James... It makes me think! Thanks man!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks guys ;D

Jevan, looking forward to fishing w/ you Monday (also really looking forward to your next report :eek:)

Jeremy, need to fish w/ you sometime (and get that Wings jeresy :)) maybe buy a "custamized HD off of you" :)

Thanks again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts