Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving through the Eisenhower tunnel......on my way to the blue........... and my car decides to crap out.......the damn thing overheated and is leaking coolant everywhere........ stuck on the side of the road I have to eat the fact that today I'm not going to fish.......even further, I couldn't find a mechanic that was open...... stubbornly, I decide not to call a tow truck.....I would fill the radiator with the last bit of coolant I had in hopes that it was enough to get me to the nearest auto store......This would be a NAPA in Frisco (DexCool isn't a coolant found at most gas stations).....anyways.....on my way back to Denver I was having to pull over when the engine got too hot (every 5-10 miles)..... I would end up having to pull over near Georgetown........I said screw it......I'll let this engine get nice and cool while I get some fishing in......grabbed my spin gear....one lure....and made my way to the lake.....the first cast I caught a brown (the first pic you see)........the moment I felt the tug any frustrations I had about my car disappeared.......

The second picture is from a few days ago of a beautiful little brown I caught up at Chicago lake......I caught a ton of these guys on dries during a calm day......I love alpine fishing and looking to do more of it

Hope you all are finding some fish!

Attachments

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
New Mexico doesnt count!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts