Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needed to get away since I've been working like a dog, and with other issues at home.

So after hearing a tip about good fishing below silverthorne.... I decided to go in the hills to some well known spots. Got up there mid afternoon.

First spot was green mtn. The lake was really full. I went to a inlet area and threw tubes. Caught a few dink Bo's and a laker. Fishing was spotty, so I left and went up the road to another spot I enjoy more for hiking.

Found a nice spot and cast where the fish were rising.... And it was non stop. I fished till dusk

All brooks were caught on jigs tipped with crawlers, under a strike indicator. I used a 9 1/2 ft crappie rod to cast out to em with light line. It was fun as **** on that setup.

Caught several. Kept a few around 10-12 and the rest were 8 inchers. They will go good with my new diet, since I'm on a huge stir fry veggie kick now..

Attachments

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Whew! I thought you were stir frying lakers for your tomato plants!...good info on green mountain thanks!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whew! I thought you were stir frying lakers for your tomato plants!...good info on green mountain thanks!
I ate the last of my lakers yesterday with my green curry stir fry. Gonna go float Jefferson and get some more... Till then I'm eating brooks.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goon. Your one goofy mofo.
Why? It works. It's fun to use that gear and light line to catch them.... They fight hard, and I can cast that **** a mile (exaggeration)

I would have stayed at green mtn, but the grand shogun of heeney doesn't answer pm's anymore. He was probably too busy being the only bass boat on Dillon vertical jigging for char. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts