Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by Brush hollow today there was no ice. Fished from the bank for about 30 min and caught 2 bass on the west side. I am sure i can get my bass boat in so i will be going back tomarrow. I will give a report when i get back.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
what did you catch them on? do you know what the water temp was like? how big were they?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the wind blew all day. Got the boat in no problem. I don't know what the water temp was.Caugh 2 more today around 2pm on 3in. sinko green pumkin. They were 8-10 in. not very big.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ive caught some pretty nice trout in there with a 3 inche white gulp minnow grup. I was mainly fishing for bass (and caught lots of them) but some of the bigger trout nailed it too. The first point you were talking about is good. If you go just south of that point (the other side of that bay), there is a log pile and some small trees there. They were just showing in october when the water was low, based on the pictures i saw last week i think they are submerged again. Anyways, i have caught some hogs over there. Also caught some crappie there too. Good luck meth man, were both partial to this little lake.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Decided to try the Hollow out. I was there Saturday from 10:30 to 3:00 with my boat. I had no problem loading, the water level is rising nicely. Water temp was 35-36 degrees. I tried fishing by the dam with spoons and jigs-no luck. Then I tried the points you guys were talking about with a worm and bobber- no luck. Decided to troll around a little see what the bottom looked. The only place I graphed fish was by the drop off where the water comes in. All in all it was a nice day, no fish but O well. O0

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Methiolate Man said:
Decided to try the Hollow out. I was there Saturday from 10:30 to 3:00 with my boat. I had no problem loading, the water level is rising nicely. Water temp was 35-36 degrees. I tried fishing by the dam with spoons and jigs-no luck. Then I tried the points you guys were talking about with a worm and bobber- no luck. Decided to troll around a little see what the bottom looked. The only place I graphed fish was by the drop off where the water comes in. All in all it was a nice day, no fish but O well. O0
I was there Saturday as well... Man that water is cold, feels alot colder then 35 degrees. I tried fishing around different parts of the North end then moved over to the cove by the dam to get out of the wind. Were you in the pickup with the other guy and his son?? (I only noticed 2 boats) I was the guy in the Jeep Cherokee with the redheaded boy. We didnt catch anything either, got one bite on salmon eggs but didnt hook up and that was about it. Did I mention that water was cold. :p Did see the guy fishing right off the boat ramp catch something... couldnt tell what it was for sure but I'm guessing a crappie. That was the only fish I saw or heard about getting caught that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts