Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice calm day till the crowds showed up... There is nothing like listining to crying babies, crying kids, screaming kids, screaming adults, cars/trucks/jeeps flailing in the mud, music blasting from cars, gun shots, and so on, but thats what you get on a Sunday.

My brother and I launched the canoe and were the only people actually on the water all day. We caught 6 different species of fish. Here are a few pictures of the catch.

I dont understand the people who think they should drive around in the mud pit. We watched a two trucks get stuck, followed by a jeep that went to help, then followed that up with a person sink up to their waist. Umm.... i dont get it.

decent black crappie

Me with my new hat to keep my ears and neck from burning. I look retarted but its functional. One of the bigger bass i have caught at brush hollow

My brother with a good LMB

My brother with another one.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Re: Brush Hollow 10/16

did you just get the 1 crappie or did you get into a school?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I beleive we got into a small school. However there were lots of bluegill too. After thinking about it afterwards, i should have tried a different color of jig due to the stained water, i probably would have caught more.

The cove straight across from the boat ramp is where i caught the white crappie, and two weeks ago i caught black crappie there. The next point south of the cove is where i caught the rest of the crappie. We caught lots of bass in both locations.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Great looking fish! What were you using to catch them? Jigs I'm guessing but what color and size and shape? Also when using imageshack to post your pictures one of the links they give you is called "direct link" Use that one when posting your images.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, i should know how to post picts, i guess i wasnt thinking last night.

We were using all sorts of stuff. We had live minnows under a slip float (caught bass, crappie, bluegill, perch and a bull head cat that way)

Tossing 1.5inch currly tails caught bass, crappie, and bluegill.

Pulled some cranks and caught bass

tossed gulp minnows that caught bass, crappie, bluegill, and trout.

And last, tossed some 2 inch tubes and caught bass and bluegills

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds like they kept you busy. :p

·
Registered
239 Posts
Where is Brush Hollow? I thought someone else posted something about
it but I can't remember where they said it was. Also, do they allow boats
with gas motors, or just electric? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
NinerRick said:
Where is Brush Hollow? I thought someone else posted something about
it but I can't remember where they said it was. Also, do they allow boats
with gas motors, or just electric? Thanks,
Its in Penrose... Any boat motor is allowed as long as you dont create a white water wake but I think the water is too low to use. I think these guys portaged their boat, right?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup. Anything you can carry to the water you can launch right now. The boat ramp is about 50 feet out of the water. you'll have to wait till spring to launch boats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts