Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished today at Brush Hollow. The west end is almost completely iced over, with open water just around the edges and a few other places. We walked over to the dam and the fished the only open water around at the inlet. Threw castmasters, daredevils, krocodiles, mepps, tube jigs, curly tails, rapalas, and a grand total of one 2" perch that didnt get hooked but was too stubborn to let go of the curly tail. No bites, so maybe bait was the ticket, I'll be up there in springtime when the water is up and the bite is on. Tight LInes~

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Drat I was planning on heading there Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Tomorrow we're supposed to get 20-30 MPH winds down here-that could be enough to open alot of the lake up.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I stopped by there today... was too scared to check ice depth since its been in the 60's for 3 or 4 days now. But there is barely any open water, the little cove on the east side of the dam and thats it. I dont think the wind will be enough.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
ePiC-Your just full of good news. Last winter the ice came off 2-3 times then it came off for good about mid Feb. I can hope for a repeat can't I? Its a great little early season lake for walleye (hint, hint). ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Kirby I stopped by valco ponds... there was a little bit of open water there, I had on a heavier jig and casted to the ice and the jig went threw the ice, so if the wind picks up maybe there is hope for the ponds. Also as of January 1 all of the Valco ponds are suppose to be open to public, including the ones by the old cement company. The guy at that bait shop on thatcher said, they are suppose to open parking up there so you dont have to walk all the way up from the Valco ponds parking.
(note I didnt get any bites... saw one skinny 8 inch bass swimming weed line, and some kind of muskrat thing)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sounds like valco is opening up a bit from when i was there about 2 weeks ago i was bouncing softbal sized rocks on the ice then and there was very little open water at the shoreline

1 - 7 of 7 Posts