Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my boat to Brush Hollow today. I got there about 7:30. I launched the boat no problem so anybody with a 16 and 1/2 boat or smaller should have no problem getting on the water. I think somebody had a boat bigger then mine out there. I think the water is rising slowly so at least for the next month or so boat fishing will be an option.

Anyway, I had a great day fishing. I caught a lot of trout today with a Fluorecent Green Gulp grub minnow. Actually I could not keep them of my line. I did not get any crappie but I think I know why so maybe next time. I did catch a bass right before I left on a grub minnow too. It was later in the day and the water was warming up. I think if I could have kept fishing I would have caught some more bass. It is still a little early for bass but I would say pre-spawn should start in a few weeks. If any of you guys go out there and use any grubs or other thing else for that matter make sure you have some bright colors because the water is a little stained.

One more thing too add. If you plan on going on the weekend good luck it will be packed. Today it was busy and it is a weekday. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
waterwolves said:
I did not get any crappie but I think I know why so maybe next time.
so what would you do different next time?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't bring a fish finder with me so I can't concentrait on the bait fish. So I am just casting in the dark off the deep side of my boat.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yep havin the depth finder can be big help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts