Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and son #1 went to Brush Hollow today. The weather was chilly and breezy. I didn't expect a whole lot as far as catching fish, and I was right. I caught one little crappie and my son got a little cat. The cat was in 27 feet of water. I don't know the water temp but it felt like a heated pool when I stuck my hand in it. My main focus ws seeing how the X67 worked in open water. I loved it. I just hung the transducer over the side and clamped the cord lightly to the gunwhale of the canoe. The ducer shot through the hull nicely as well. We saw plenty of activity and numerous fish were marked, but few takers. My son was flippin cold around 1100 so we called it a day. I wasn't heartbroken, I was pretty chilly too.

By the way; I tried spider rigging like Doug Stange does at Granada for crappie, and it was a huge hassle. I'm sure I had a lot to do with that.

I'm excited for 5-1-11, rain or shine, the worse weather the better!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I don't know what the politics are of the water there, but last year it was totally full in late March. I don't see it getting better from this point on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts