Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Brush Hollow with a friend this morning and caught 2 largemouths 1 on a frog topwater early in the morning about 10 inches, the other around 3pm on a shrimp. My friend caught a catfish also in the morning on a shrimp. Little after 3pm we decided to head to Pueblo Res and check it out. Well it was pretty busy and hard to find a spot out of the way of jet skiers and boats, finally just set down on a cove. It was pretty windy and water was a little muddy from all the boating, wind, and off and on sprinkles. Within 5 mins I hooked atleast a 4lb largemouth but it broke me off right after I got it onto shore and flopped back in. I said to my buddy grab the net he said this is Pueblo we dont need the net. GRRRRRR. Then we sat for about an hour and the lightening started rolling in so we packed up and left.

The smaller of the bass from Brush Hollow... Buddy is a digital camera newb and blurred the first picture of the better fish.

This is my buddy's catfish.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

Yeah, I've had newbie ameture photographers mess up fish pics for me too. More of a reason to go back out there and catch a pic-worthy fish  ;)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
what did he get the cat on?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ePiC said:
My friend caught a catfish also in the morning on a shrimp.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Duh! i should have seen that

i guess my brain is on holiday lol

thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
was down here on friday. The entire north end was full of weeds. They were about 1 ft below the surface. The trolling motor kept getting caught in them. I was dissapointed because the few trees i like to fish (in about 15-20 ft of water) were overtaken.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the water was about 5 ft lower then when I was there last time, I dont think that area had gotten as much rain as we have up in the springs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thank-you Jeremy, when are you going out again? I tell you I had the best time this spring catching those largemouth spawners. Now that summer is here it seems like the large bass go deeper and the weeds grow to high to fish in the north coves. What do you think? I don't have much luck at the Hollow in the summer, I have better luck at Pueblo during the summer. In the spring, Brush Hollow is better, I think.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No problem. I sure did enjoy brush hollow in the spring. Caught my first ever crappie and some pretty big bass. It was a blast. But when i was down there on friday all i caught was little bluegill, small 4-6 inch perch and some small bass, i couldnt even get to the north end. From what my friend said (he was on shore) all he could do was cast into small pockets but he wasnt sure if he could pull the fish out without snagging. I've never been to peublo yet so i cant compare. I always fish the higher lakes for trout in the summer. Not sure when i am going back down there, i still have honey do's at the house but i'll let you know if i go there.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Methiolate Man said:
Yo Jeremy or Ed, are they drawing Brush Hollow down yet? If So, how low is it now?
It seemed alot lower to me, This is the first time I tried other area's besides the north side. I went to the dam and around the middle is a long concrete slab it with ft measurements on it. Since I had not been there before I couldnt tell you if it was alot lower but it was under the 90.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I fish Pikeview off and on, trying to get them tiger muskies. Been testing out the ponds on Ft. Carson lately, so I havent been to quail lake or pikeview in a couple weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts