Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I started out on pueblo friday afternoon and were fishing one of the NW coves. Could see a few fish coming through but werent getting any hits. Water temp was 58 degrees on the main part of the lake, 60 degrees in 15 FOW on the NW end. Went deeper back into the cove and it looked like there was big raindrops hitting the water, turned out it was all the minnows feeding. Anyway, we left there and hit brush hollow on the way in. In an hour we ended up catching about 15 good sized bluegill and 2 crappie. Came back the next day and caught our limit of bluegill and one decent size (but too small) bass. On sunday we came back with my girlfriend and my buddys wife, left there with 64 bluegill 3 huge crapppie and 2 fair sized perch. Also caught a bazillion stocker trout that were all let go. Waterwolves was right about the water level. from when i left on saturday to when i got there sunday morning the water level had dropped about 2 feet, I had to push my boat through mud and weeds to get away from the ramp, thank God I have a smal boat. All in all it was a fun weekend, got my panfishing out of the way for a while and had a huge fish fry.<br>

<br>
<br>Here are a couple of the crappie, there are 5 in my tank but i could only get 3 to pose. The bigger one is 10.5" and the other 2 i caught were dinner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Brush Hollow fri, sat, sun.

I went fishing at Brush Hollow on Saturday, caught a few stocker trout and my buddy caught a decent bass, The trout seemed to be hitting the powerbait pretty hard as well as flashy spoons or smaller Rapalas such as the jointed shad-raps etc. Best places to fish seemed to be along the rocky shorelines in deeper water, not sure from a boat since we fished off the shore.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Brush Hollow fri, sat, sun.

I was using a slip bobber with a baby night crawler about 5 feet under it. Try anywhere along that south/west shoreline. The crappie bit on a grub.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Way to go FNF. That looks likes thats it for Brush Hollow. I am going to hit Pueblo all weekend this weekend. The fishing is getting real close to turning on. For a couple of weks you should be able to catch 20 fish or more in a day. See you around.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Nice haul of gills, FNF. Most people know me as a radical catch and releaser, but heck, they're panfish. You couldn't wipe them out if you tried. Those look good size too. I've recently purchased a 3 weight flyrod to go after them. I've decided that pound for pound (or in this case, gram for gram), they may be the hardest fighting fish that swims. Good job!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i see attleast 1 nice size perch in that mess of fish, thanks for thinning out the gills but becareful you dont go over your posession limit

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had 3 people in the boat other than myself so we werent over. I respect the laws as well, and it irks me when people go over their limit. Like silicone boy was saying, I dont think you could ever hurt the bluegill population so its one species i dont worry about. Thanks for the posts guys, keep the lines tight

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i totaly agree, especialy at the hollow. ill take every gill i can get within the limit from there. id hate to see someone get busted for over limit on gills when there are folks bagging undersized bass that should have there rods cut off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts