Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished Brush Hollow thurs and fri evenings. thurs fished shiners along the weeds on the north west shore from the boat, water temp was 70-71 hot day not much wind and never from the same direction. caught several bass on marrabu jigs tiped with med shiners up to 12 inches all were very fat and well fed. also caught 1 trout and 1 catfish same area and technique after dark went up and droped the hook in the north end shallows soaked some worms and floated some shiners looking for more cats or some crappie, no dice. round 10:30-11:00 went and made a few drifts by the dam with shiners 6-8' under a float, again nothing but is was nice to get back on the water and out of the heat.

fri tried it again same several bass with a cat and a trout added for varriety then on one of the trees poking thru the surface in a bout 22 ft of water i caught my first ever yellow perch only bout 7-8" but nice and fat, with how well these fish are fed there should be some bigger fish just have to find them i guess. after dark went and made a few drifts along the steep drops on the west side close to the dam and caught my first ever walley dragging a minow on the bottom in about 20 some ft of water it was 16+ inches not a lunker but made me feel good
i hope catching walley is like getting speeding ticket... first one is dificult the rest come easy..lol

oh ya got a few pics but left the camera at the cabin

C

·
0 Posts
Nice job! always feels good to catch your first of a species. Where is Brush Hollow?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's that picture

first walleye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts