Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.
has anyone gone to Brush Hollow? how is the res there? no more ice? whats is hitting this time of the year? and anyone knows when was last stocking done there?

Thanks
PanamaPeacock

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I drove past the brush hollow sign on my way home from Canon City today, I asked my girlfriend about it since she is from Colorado. She said they had drawn alot of water out of it in the last 2 years so she thinks the fishing has been hurt a little. She said they had good bass and panfish there at one time though, I will be hitting this res up when the weather gets warmer, dropping the girlfriend off at her parents in Canon City. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info James.

ePic, Brush Hollow was great las summer. I caught my first small mouth in Colorado there.

R,
PanamaPeacock

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was there a few weeks ago and the reservoir was totaly full. I caught a good size largmouth (~16 inches or so, pretty fat too). Water is still pretty cold but no ice.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had a chartreuse marabou jig under a slip float. It was about 9 ft down and i caught it by the structure wood just north of the boat ramp. The wind was blowing so the waves gave it some action. Also had a hit on a tube. Wasnt much action other then that. I went all the way to the north end (opposite of dam) and saw a bass crush something on the surface.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I also forgot, When it warms up, i usually do pretty well straight accross the lake from the boat ramp with minnows. There is a cove with some submerged trees.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know the cove you are talking about. It's supposed to be 77 this weekend. I'm hoping for water temps around 50 to 52. With this last cold snap that might be a little optimistic though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks Like I'll be going to brush hollow Tuesday 4/5/05. Gotta work the weekend. Plz anyone goes this weekend post your report...spot and what you used jig? minnows? etc...

thanks
PanamaPeacock

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got the boat all hooked up and the facing the highway :). I'll post Monday with how things looked.

Oh yea and my new boat will be here on tax day (4/15). I can't WAIT!!!

Just thought I had to throw that in there. This will probably be he last trip out in the Tracker.

Walt

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well didn't do to well at the Hollow today. Fished from 7 to 2 (just before the wind REALLY picked up) and didn't anything. Saw some people catch a trout here and there but didn't see any Bass or Walleye pulled out. Water was 46 and clear. It's also full. The ramp was only about 15yds long before we reached the water.

Walt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi Walt
Thanks for the reply.  Well thats a bummers. Maybe we need to wait til the water gets a bit warmer.  I worked all weekend (Sunday and Saturday) from 8 to 4:30 pm...I was painful to see the sunny weather and not being able to go out and fish.

I was so desperate to fish that I pulled my Play Station 2 - Fisherman's Bass Club and began catching some bass in my living room...

Check out the pics (funny huh).  I was supposed to go fishing tomorrow (tuesday) and I am now hearing we have a blizzard advisory (DARN)...I am P***** off!.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I want to get that one to but was waiting for the price to come down. Should be about time to start looking again. The only game I pay 50 for is Madden. If I keep the price of games around 20 that's a lot more fishing stuff I can buy. Post some pics of it if you can.

Oh I also pay full price for Everquest games to but that's the PC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm taking the kids to the "Hollow" on Friday.  Planning on trying jigs, tubes and minnows for crappie.  If things get too slow might work around to the dam and try for walleye.

K. C.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know your feelings on it but when I went there some kids were knocking the trout dead on power bait. The flyfishermen, actually it was a couple ladies, were doing good with their flyrods also. All trout though.

Wouldn't you know I left my fly rods at the house. :mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts