Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anybody fished brush hollow before they drained it. If you did what was a good size bass back then. Also how long has it been since it was drained completely last time? I am wondering because I went to fish it this evening and the wind was howling so me and my wife didn't get to fish but I did talk to a guy who said he hooked something that wraped him around a tree and got off. Also he said 8-10 years ago he caught a 5 lb bass there. Could that be true?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have fished Brush Hollow for 20+yrs, maybe closer to 30. It was drained 5 yrs. ago. There are plenty of 3-4 lb. bass in there and some over 5 lbs. Mostly they are caught early and late in the season. Ed

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way!!! I am going back in the morning. I knew I could count on good ol Ed to help me out. Thanks ED. 4yr old bass if I had to guess could be pushing 4 1/2 pounds by now. Any suggestions on lures or locations Ed? I was using a senko and couldn't keep the small ones off my line.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Fish deeper water. Less bites, bigger fish. We are in the post spawn doldrums on this lake right now (water temp is 66-68) so its mostly dink fish. That will change in a week or two. Please return all the bass. Ed

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Ed how low does the water level normally get during a season. Think the bass have been stunted with the drought water levels?
I like the lake cause it keeps the kids busy for hours with the bluegills, but they even seem stunted or atleast nothing but little ones. The crappie there seem to be doing fine though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts