Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You will see alot of cover for those crappie you want it is pretty easy to move around in the canoe to try alot of different cover. I would focus on stumps and laydowns as the gills seem to claim most of the vegatation. Alot of littler bass seem to hang in there with, I have seen some big splashes, assuming it was bass chasing gills. The one crappie I caught there was 15 inches very pretty for a black crappie (the uglier of the crappie species). But from most the guys I talk to down there, they havent had much luck locating them. I think its because the gills run the show in the cover, there are so many.
I heard along the dam is the best for walleyes, the perch I tagged were also in the vegatation, but nothing of good size yet. I haven't tried live minnows yet, I have been meaning to bring them down but just always deciding against it at the last minute.
Good Luck, let me know if you get into your fish. Might add I have seen some nice catfish coming out of the lake, but have not fished for them there yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.