Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to brush hollow on Sunday, it turned out to be more like brush pond, the water level is very low, but you could still launch off the boat ramp, you will be driving off the edge of the ramp to get a boat with any size into the water. Shore fishing was what most people were doing, mainly trout. Alot of people getting stuck in the mud all around the pond. Talked to the F&W rep and he said that they will not be filling the lake back up anytime soon. But they will not drain it all the way. Fishing was slow, caught a few trout on P/P in brown and black, crappie and a small w-eye. Not much doing over at the pond. :-\

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You can always watch people getting stuck in the mud at Brush Hollow if the fishing is slow. Or people playing their car stereos WAY TOO LOUD. This is kind of ground zero for white trash for southern CO. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
walleye970 said:
The guy is a drunk, A.K.A **** bum. He use to be a signal engineer for the Rio Grande R.R. and now is a homeless bum. I spent a day looking for him last November to let him know his own father(my grand-father) had passed away, so that what I mean about him living under a bridge. Collie
your uncles name isn't Art, is it?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i fished with him back a few years before he lost his last tooth. but he screwed over one of his best buds (my friend and nieghbor) and i havnt seen him much since ill ask around i think he keeps intouch with red sometimes

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Collie, during one of my non-humorous moments, I want to say, don't be too hard on him. He doesn't have a choice. I mean that. You may be able to think of all kinds of choices he has, or had, and still I'm telling you, he doesn't have a choice.

My former wife died in 1987, of cirrhosis of the liver, caused by alcoholism, and believe me, it's a hard, hard way to go. When your liver goes, your central nervous system goes along with it, and in her last days in the hospital she was talking to people who weren't there and seeing things I couldn't see. There was nothing I could do about it. They told me she was going to die, and I knew it, but it was like that old fast ball coming straight at my head and there was no way I could duck.

I had gone to a lot of counselors and classes to see what I could do to turn the situation around, to no avail, but I did learn a lot about alcoholism. It's not a moral problem, it's not a will-power problem, it's a biochemistry problem that only a few people have.

I don't think it's well understood, but something in the person's body chemistry creates a demand or craving for alcohol that they just cannot stand up against. It doesn't go away. Even in those people who manage to stop drinking, they are still alcoholics, and they will be alcoholics for the rest of their life. They are never out of danger, and one drink can put them right back where they were before. Don't think of your uncle as a bad person, he is more like a victim.

In my younger days, I drank enough to float a battleship, and the only damage was a few headaches. But for some special people, it would have been a life-destroying disaster. It's not really their fault. It's not really your uncle's fault. You might think he could just stop. He can't, and I say again, he doesn't have a choice.

Blessings on the both of you. End of lecture.

W. E.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Believe me there are plentty of bridges to live under in fremont county just because the river runs underneath it doesn't mean you can't live under it and sorry about your uncle best wishes to him and hope he can turn things around.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts