Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the hype, I'm planning a trip down to Brushhollow next week. Can someone tell me if they have a boat ramp and if there is a motor restriction?

Any other information/tips your willing to part with would be helpful to.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Boat ramp = yes
Boating restriction = no white water wake

Right now the lake looks great lots of flooded areas nice rock faces and rip rap areas, you should do good.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
This is a small enough lake (188 acres when full) that you really don't even need to fire up the big motor-you can just get on the trolling motor and start fishing. Ed

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Brush hollow is in Penrose, off 115 between Canon City and Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Mapping software says 96.3 miles from Littleton to Penrose...

Is there a campground there?

Is it usually full?

Will Ed come and cook us breakfast?

Directions: From Penrose, go 2 miles west on County Road 123, then 2 miles north to the property.

Fee: None

Boating: Boat ramp, wakeless only

Fish: Walleye, saugeye, crappie, largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill

Water Acres: 200

Elevation: 5,500 feet

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I think the fastest way to get there would be head down I-25 Once you are in Colorado Springs take the Academy Exit on the south side of town, go west on Academy (towards the mountains :p ) then take a left on 115 heading south, stay on 115 then right as you come into penrose there will be a sign on your right that says Brush Hollow Reservoir turn right, then if you have a boat you have to turn right to go to the boat ramp.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
No campground there and camping is not allowed. Ed won't be cooking breakfast because he has a date with some pike at 11-Mile. Ed

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
I am a Minnesota boy...Pike dont usually wake up early...you have plenty of time to cook breakfast and make it to Eleven Mile! ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
zman said:
I am a Minnesota boy...Pike dont usually wake up early...you have plenty of time to cook breakfast and make it to Eleven Mile! ;D
I know a nice 4wd road that will take you from Canon City to Cripple Creek and then onto 11 mile. :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I love this site. You guys are the da BOMB. Ask a question and get multiple answers. I'm looking forward to getting down there.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Zman-If you sampled some of my cooking, you wouldn't be so anxious to have me cook breakfast. Ed :-[

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Beats me getting out of my warm sleeping bag and having to do it!

M

·
0 Posts
whats this i hear a colorado lake without trout?? interesting, hehehe, my buddy hs a cabin in cripple creek and we camp there and hit 11mile all the time, really close

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Zman-I see where you're a "moderator". Should I salute? Ed ;D

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I just read Ken's post on the new moderators-first I knew that had happened. Sounds like a good idea but keeping this motley crew in line is surely a thankless job. Still, my congrats to the guys who have been assigned to administer the medication. Ed ;D

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
No thanks...I get that "salute" every day from my boss and coworkers!

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey all. Back from our vacation to vegas. My dads in town and my bro and I are going to take pop to brush hollow on teusday. I'll let you know how it goes.

mustang, of course there is trout there ;D its probably an unwritten state rule, no water in the state of colorado can be void of trout... Just messin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts