Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to 11 Mile today. I have fished that lake for over 25 yr. through good and bad times. Today was the first time I have been skunked. We were hopping to pick up a few kokes for smoking. I tried every thing I had in the tackle bag, and zilish noda not one bite in over 6 hr. of fishing. The lake was glass smooth and the temps were founderful. The only fish I saw boated today, one little 10" stocker bow.I am ashamed. I'm thinking I have lost it I have not caught a single Koke this year at othe 11 mile. Temp surface 64 and 50ft 58.6 F.
It was beautiful day though. Can't complain about that
CH

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
At least it was cooler up there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wish had taken my fish cam. Maybe I could have gotten some idea of what was happening down there. I could see fish on the finder but nothing was bitting. I looked at the Solunar table and yesterday should have been a 4.5 star day. I don't put a lot of faith in them, but it seems like you do catch more fish sometimes, on good days. Was on the water at 5:45 and fishing by 6:00 am. Just don't know?? It was crazy even, tried my best trout lures. Figured if I catch a few 16-17" bows would break the skunk. The cast masters didn't even work. Puwee.
CH

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
It was a little slow this weekend for sure. Bluebird skies in mid/hot summer is not ideal for any cold water species.... The pike were somewhat active, considering :wink:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I did ok on Friday. Kayak boated three, lost two. One RBT over 21" on a TAZ. All the fish were caught after 1 PM.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Yeah, they lowered the limit from 10 to 5 each day so it's really not worth the drive, ya'll should stay home. It's fishing like 11 Mile (in 1994). 8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Blue Mesa is not a day trip. I usally stay a week or so and the Macs are fun to fish for. It is to bad about the bag limit being 5 fish and all. It is in the same class as Flaming Gorge.
They are both kind of remote. With Mary liking to fish we cam take 10 and if there is any size to them. That is a lot of good eating. We smoke most of them any way and they are little rich that way. I love them smoked, like Eskimo candy/Indian candy style. It freezes well also. I also can them after smoking. Thinking Blue Mesa for a limit. I saw Denver increase by 1 million so we better get used to smaller limits on every thing.
CH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts