Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While stuck at work waiting for some data to transfer and got bored wanted to look up some areas I could fish for tiger trout. I had no idea Grand Mesa Lakes had tiger trout this big in them!

https://youtu.be/rJ_zKAyJErE

I wonder what you even use for tigers like this to be enticed to bite certainly not little nymphs! Anyone go up to fish any of those lakes? I didn’t get a chance to go up there this year.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Thems some chubbers. Shouldn't be too hard to track down-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You are a better lurker than me! :thumb:;D Those are tiger trout worth catching. But a bit far. As far as lures go: I like jerkbaits for almost everything. I have no idea what the regulations are up there though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You are a better lurker than me! :thumb:;D Those are tiger trout worth catching. But a bit far. As far as lures go: I like jerkbaits for almost everything. I have no idea what the regulations are up there though.
Considering the CPW stocks tiger trout because they are an aggressive predator that helps control populations of stunted fish.... I would try something minnow like. Jerkbaits like aofisher mentioned are a good bet, if fly fishing try streamers!

·
Registered
329 Posts
New Member Here, Glad you guys enjoyed those catches!! We will have more to come...Good call guys on the jerkbaits, I use dark ones with red hints to sort of match the cutty look up there. Worms work well too.:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts