Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another site, some Bucket Biologist (criminal) put Bourbot (ling) in Flaming Gorge. Sure hope that isn't true?

D

·
0 Posts
It's true. So now they're asking that you kill every one you catch. The one thing that lake didn't need was another top predator.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they are already reproducing in a 96 mile long lake, the battle may already be lost?

·
Registered
267 Posts
although i totally agree that people taking stocking into their own hands is dead wrong, i wouldn't get your panties all in a wad over burbot showing up in flaming gorge, they are not the kind of fish that will take over the lake. in the great white north they live in balance w/ lake trout, pike, walleye, etc. maybe kokanee would be in danger? burbot in the north feed mostly on deep schooling fish like whitefish and cisco, and crayfish too

but yes, bucket stockers are asswipes and i would encourage you to keep all the burbot you catch there.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they feed on Kokanee that could be very bad. Isn't that what the lakers mainly feed on? I have also read that they stay deep most of the time which would afford them alot of protection in a lake like the Gorge!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Heck I'll take the burbot you catch. They fry up nice and tasty. Good with french fries and malt vinegar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts